Helping out Aditya NayakReceived a Twitter's message from Aditya telling me he got some problem with his blog.
In my reply I told him to shoot me an email and explained in details what was wrong with his blog? In an email he told me what's wrong with his blog's header. See image below;
That problem was very easy to remedy, but I told him to give some times and I shall get back to him as soon as possible. It's just the matter of adjusting the header's margin. Here is what you've to do;
1. Login to your Blogger's account.
2. On your Dashboard, choose (if you've several blogs) which blog you're having problem with and then you click on the 'Layout' button.
3. On Page Elements, click on Edit HTML. On this page make it an habit to backup your template before we do any tweaking on the codes. If anything should go wrong after doing any major tweaking or upon hearing a hissing sound coming from your favourite Lappy or Desktop, you will thanks me for reminding you to take such a simple precaution's step, **wink**
4. Then search for the following string of codes (with or without check Expand Widget Templates);
5. From the above string of codes, focus on the RED one. That's the only code you gonna tweak. As an experiment, when I change it to margin: -50px; see the result below;
6. And when I changed it to margin: -20; the title of your blog became like so --> see image below;
7. In conclusion, all you have to do is change the margin to any negative number to suit your blog. Voila! You've got a very nice header.
That it for now. Until we meet again for another tutorial. i hope you enjoy doing the experiments as much as I do. See ya' when I see ya'.